Westlake offers experiences in a wide variety of media and advanced courses to broaden our students' talents. Our visual arts program emphasizes art creation/production, as well as art response/appreciation. Courses include AP Studio Art, AP Art History, Animation, Ceramics, Design, Drawing, Illustration, Painting and Photography.
Students also can discover and pursue individuals talents and interests in the performing arts. The Westlake Music Department invites students to participate in programs from the elementary school through high school. The program aims to help students gain insight into a wide variety of musical activities, including Chorus, Ensemble, Show Choir, Symphonic Choir, Chorale, Jazz Ensemble, Band and Orchestra. The Center Stage Players presents a balanced program of plays and musicals to promote interest in the theatre arts. The high school Shakespeare Club provides a unique experience that provides students a thorough understanding of the playwright.
* Westlake High School (WHS) fall instrumental concert, Oct. 19, 7pm.
* WHS fall choral concert, Oct. 23, 7pm.
* Show Choir Invitational, Oct. 30, 7pm.
* Go under the ocean with the WHS Center Stage Players for their fall musical Nov. 17 and 18 at 7pm, and Nov. 19 at 2pm. Admission is $7 at the door.
* Dover Intermediate School (DIS) 5th & 6th grade choir, Dec. 5, 7pm.
* Lee Burneson Middle School (LBMS) 8th grade choir/band/orchestra concert, Dec. 6, 7pm.
* WHS strings concert, Dec. 7, 7pm.
* WHS winter coral concert, Dec. 11, 7pm.
* DIS 6th grade orchestra/band concert, Dec. 12, 7pm.
* LBMS 7th grade band/choir/orchestra concert, Dec. 13, 7pm.
* WHS winter band concert, Dec. 14, 7pm.