Welcome to the Communications Office of the Westlake City School District. The Communications Office strives to provide answers to any questions about our district, or we will direct inquiries to the appropriate information sources.
We are happy to work with members of the news media to answer questions and provide information, arrange interviews and to obtain parent permission where student interviews or images are requested.
We have several avenues of communication, including print and e-mail newsletters, to deliver news and information about our school district to Westlake residents:
- Commentary - covers features on student and staff activities and awards, programs available to the public, financial information, the business side of our schools and other general news. This newsletter is delivered 4 to 6 times annually to all Westlake residents.
- District Update - two-sided flyer for quick news and hot topic updates for parents and community members.
- Key Communique -- an e-newsletter that comes out at least once a month during the school year to provide the latest news and upcoming event information for our school district. Anyone can subscribe to this e-newsletter. Click here to sign up.
- News Releases -- individual news items sent to the local media about contests, photo opportunities, upcoming events or general informational messages.
We also offer different tools to communicate with our staff on a range of topics:
- Around the Schools -- a publication for and about Westlake Schools employees is delivered via e-mail to all staff members each Monday.
We work to make this Web site as comprehensive a source of information about our school district as possible. Through our Web site you can access information on news from our schools, teacher web sites, athletic information and upcoming events. Parents can also access our ProgressBook program for online access to student grades and other information posted by teachers.
To Contact the Communications Office call (440) 250-1258 or email email@example.com.