The Westlake City School District's top priority is to provide an excellent education in a safe learning environment to all students.
A Strategic Planning Committee of residents, business leaders, nonprofit representatives, civic leaders, mental health leaders, higher education leaders, clergy, parents and neighborhood leaders met to review community and global trends, skills gaps and resource needs. The results was a document that provides an outline of goals:
- Finance: Maintain a constant and appropriate long-term funding stream.
- Curriculum & Technology: Create a systematic framework to develop an all-inclusive learning environment aimed at educating the whole child.
- Facilities: Have a 21st century learning environment where form follows flexible function and accommodates safety, curriculum and technology.
- Communication & Community Partnerships: Build a sense of pride, confidence and trust through communication and partnerships.
- Culture & Environment: Build a culture of inclusion, collaboration, open-mindedness, respect and inspiration.