In an effort to minimize the risk of COVID spread by supporting social distancing requirements, transportation services for eligible students in grades preschool through 8th grade will only be provided to eligible students whose families elect to opt-in to receive district provided transportation. Currently, eligible students are those in grades K-8 residing more than one mile from their school or those in preschool through 12th grade requiring transportation as a related service as determined by their IEP team. If you have not already completed the opt-in form to indicate your request for district-provided transportation, please do so now using this link https://forms.gle/579CeU9DJRoNK83u8
ATTENTION: Just a reminder -- Westlake Board of Education policy states that students in grades K-8 are only provided transportation if they reside MORE THAN 1 MILE from their school of attendance.
Our Office Staff:
Adam House - Director
Julie Mikoy - Secretary to the Director
Julie Sipler - Data Processing/Routing Secretary
Dee Faragher - Dispatcher
Dale Mitchell - Head Mechanic
Joe Morana - Mechanic
Derek Jones - Mechanic
- I cannot see my child’s bus stop from the house. Are there state laws that set the standards for bus stop locations?
- Are sidewalks required for my child to get to his/her bus stop?
- I transport my child to a nonpublic/community school each day and just learned a program exists for reimbursement. How can I be reimbursed for transporting my child?
- I make my child wait inside of my house until the bus is at the stop. I have heard this is not allowed – is this true?
- My child has an I.E.P. but transportation is not being provided. Why is this?