Transportation Updates for 2021-22...
During school transportation, the CDC's Order applies to all public transportation conveyances including school buses. Regardless of the mask policy at school, passengers and drivers must wear a mask on school buses, including on buses operated by public and private school systems.
School Transportation information is in section #2 - Consistent and Correct Mask Use -
- The number of bus riders assigned to a bus will revert back to pre-pandemic levels.
- Students in grades K-8 will be assigned a corner or mid-block stop within the guidelines outlined by the Ohio Department of Education.
- All students will have assigned seats.
- Vehicles will continue to be cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
- Protocols may be added or removed based on Department of Health and CDC recommendations.
- If your child is eligible for, but will not be utilizing transportation services, please inform us by returning the slip included with their 2021/22 school year bus information or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you initially decline transportation services and change your mind at a later date, you may request that service resume by sending an email to email@example.com at least three business days prior to the date you wish for transportation to begin.
ATTENTION: Just a reminder -- Westlake Board of Education policy states that students in grades K-8 are only provided transportation if they reside MORE THAN 1 MILE from their school of attendance.
Our Office Staff:
Adam House - Director
Tami Fuller - Secretary to the Director
Julie Sipler - Data Processing/Routing Secretary
Dee Faragher - Dispatcher
Dale Mitchell - Head Mechanic
Joe Morana - Mechanic
Derek Jones - Mechanic
- I cannot see my child’s bus stop from the house. Are there state laws that set the standards for bus stop locations?
- Are sidewalks required for my child to get to his/her bus stop?
- I transport my child to a nonpublic/community school each day and just learned a program exists for reimbursement. How can I be reimbursed for transporting my child?
- I make my child wait inside of my house until the bus is at the stop. I have heard this is not allowed – is this true?
- My child has an I.E.P. but transportation is not being provided. Why is this?