|In 1825, Dover Township had five school districts with five neighborhood schools to serve its 70 families. The earliest schoolhouses were built of logs and heated by large fireplaces.|
In 1940, Dover Village became incorporated as Westlake Village. The rest, as they say, is history.
Today, the City of Westlake houses the Westlake City Schools with nearly 4,000 students and about 600 staff members: