Westlake Elementary School PTA
Welcome, Class of 2036!
Our PTA is a diverse group of parents, grandparents, community members and school staff that work collaboratively to extend the learning experience for our students at WES. We want every student in the building to enjoy an enriched educational experience while also engaging their families.
There are many ways you can get involved next year as well as right now. Connect with WES PTA.
Welcome, Westlake Elementary School Parents, Guardians and Families. My name is Sarah Hughes, and I am proud to serve as the Westlake Elementary School PTA President for the 2022-2023 academic year. I have three daughters in the Westlake Schools. I am a former teacher in a neighboring district and a current substitute in our building. I love the community at Westlake Elementary School and I am looking forward to what we can accomplish together. On behalf of the WES PTA, I want to welcome returning families, as well as new ones, to what promises to be a fun and exciting year!
Westlake Elementary School is made up of an extraordinary group of active parents, guardians, teachers, staff and community sponsors that create an incredible community for our children, helping them grow into life-long learners and resilient decision makers. As part of that community and in partnership with the Westlake City School District, the WES PTA is a powerful voice for every student. We are a trusted and reliable resource for families, providing programs, events and community services, as well as acting as a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
Since March of 2020, our school years have been filled with ups and downs because of the pandemic. While Covid is still here, we look to the 2022-2023 school year to provide normalcy for our students. Our goal is to partner with WES staff and community organizations to make this school year fun and exciting! As volunteer opportunities continue to grow, and we welcome more parents, guardians, and families into the school, it’s my hope that we fully realize we are BETTER TOGETHER.
How can you join in and help us all be BETTER TOGETHER this year?
1. Become a WES PTA member. The WES PTA exists because of the energy, passion and dedication of our MEMBERS, and we’d love to count you among them. No experience is necessary, and membership won’t give you any extra to-dos. What it does give you, however, are voting rights, which shape the direction of programming and the PTA dollars. Join PTA today at bit.ly/JOINWESPTA.
2. Make a direct donation. Every dollar counts! Check out bit.ly/WESPTAYearInReview21-22 to see where we spent our fundraised and donated dollars through programming, community service, and school and staff support.
3. Attend WES PTA membership meetings. Together we can have better conversations about how PTA can impact students. In addition to the full executive board, teachers and parents, at least one principal attends each meeting to take your questions or comments. Our in-person meetings are on the first Thursday every month. Our first meeting is September 1st at 7 p.m. in the WES cafeteria. Children are welcome. PTA meeting dates and times can be found at bit.ly/wesptameets.
4. Sign up for the WES PTA eblast. The WES PTA eblast is a weekly e-newsletter filled with school announcements, important dates, program and event information, volunteer opportunities, the principal’s message and more. Sign up at bit.ly/WESPTAeBlastSignUp.
5. Volunteer! Whether it is a few minutes, an hour or more, the WES PTA needs your help to make our programs and events happen. No time commitment is too small! Contact our 1st VP, Laura Kovach, at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can help or fill out the WES PTA Volunteer Form at bit.ly/VolunteerForWESPTA.
6. Join us on social media. We interact with our members and share helpful information on our Facebook and Twitter accounts, and we’d love to include you in the conversation. Search @WlakeESPTA.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any member of the PTA board or myself. Let’s have a great year, and make it BETTER… TOGETHER!
Sarah Campana Hughes
Westlake Elementary School PTA
A YEAR IN REVIEW -
What Did Your WES PTA Do in 2021-2022?
Click here to take a look at the WES PTA efforts in regard to programming, school support, community service, fundraising and member support throughout the 2021-2022 school year.