Westlake Elementary School PTA
Welcome, Westlake Elementary School Parents, Guardians and Families. My name is Sarah Hughes, and I am proud to serve as the Westlake Elementary School PTA President for the 2023-2024 academic year. I have three daughters in the Westlake Schools. I am a former teacher in a neighboring system, a current substitute in our building, and an alumnus of the district! I love the community at Westlake Elementary School and look forward to another wonderful year. On behalf of the WES PTA, I want to welcome new and returning families to what promises to be a fun and exciting year!
Westlake Elementary School is made up of an extraordinary group of active parents, guardians, teachers, staff and community sponsors that create an incredible community for our children, helping them grow into life-long learners and resilient decision makers. As part of that community and in partnership with the Westlake City School District, the WES PTA is a powerful voice for every student. We are a trusted and reliable resource for families, providing programs, events and community services, as well as acting as a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
Last school year we made great strides, in partnership with the WES administration and staff, to return to a more normal environment for our students. Their learning continued as always, but we were pleased to add and expand on the “extras.” We were able to invite more volunteers into the building than ever before. And we were proud to provide enriching educational programs such as STEM Fest, a two-day author visit, and Community Service Bingo Nights.
How can you join in and help the PTA this year?
1. Become a WES PTA member. The WES PTA exists because of the energy, passion and dedication of our MEMBERS. We’d love to count you among them. No experience is necessary, and membership won’t give you any extra to-dos. What it does give you, however, are voting rights, which shape the direction of programming and the PTA dollars. Join PTA today at bit.ly/JOINWESPTA.
2. Make a direct donation. Every dollar counts! Check out our Facebook page to see where we spent our fundraised and donated dollars through programming, community service, and school and staff support.
3. Attend WES PTA membership meetings. Be part of essential conversations about how PTA can impact students. In addition to the full executive board, teachers and parents, at least one principal attends each meeting to take your questions or comments. Our in-person meetings are on the first Thursday every month. Our first meeting is September 7th at 7 p.m. in the WES cafeteria. Children are welcome. PTA meeting dates and times can be found at bit.ly/wesptameets.
4. Sign up for the WES PTA eblast. The WES PTA eblast, our primary channel of communication, is a weekly e-newsletter filled with school announcements, important dates, program and event information, volunteer opportunities, and more. Sign up at bit.ly/WESPTAeBlastSignUp.
5. Volunteer! Whether it is a few minutes, an hour or more, the WES PTA needs your help to make our programs and events happen. No time commitment is too small! Contact our 1st VP, Maria-Cristina Carbonell, at email@example.com to find out how you can help or fill out the WES PTA Volunteer Form at bit.ly/VolunteerForWESPTA.
6. Join us on social media. We interact with our members and share helpful information on our Facebook and Twitter accounts, and we’d love to include you in the conversation. Search @WlakeESPTA.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any member of the PTA board or myself. Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year!
Sarah Campana Hughes
Westlake Elementary School PTA President, 2023-2024