School Library Resources
- Academic Search Premier -- This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles.
- Banco de Contenidos aulaPlaneta -- Upper-level Spanish-language database that includes more than 140,000 articles and 9,000 images, videos, animations, sounds, and interactive media. Designed for native Spanish speakers, bilingual students, and ESL/ELL students.
- Book Nook -- Explore, create, share, and view video book trailers. Includes tips and tools for creating a book trailer.
- Consumer Health Complete –Provides content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic, and integrated medicine.
- Country Reports – Provides unique, culturally-rich content, with over 26,000 pages of content covering a wide-range of topics including statistical data and cultural information.
- Digital Video Collection -- Includes hundreds of digital videos that have been made available at no cost to Ohio K-12 districts.
- EBSCOhost. (Multidatabase Search- AP students and Staff) -- Articles from more than 6,000 magazines, newspapers, and journals are indexed, most in full text, from children's magazines to professional research. Also includes access to reference and other eBooks.
- Explora (Grades 9-12) -- Articles from more than 6,000 magazines, newspapers, and journals are indexed, most in full text, from popular culture magazines to professional research. Students can also access reference and other eBooks.
- Biography in Context -- Expansive collection of lives and accomplishments of international noteworthy figures past and present.
- Global Issues in Context– offers international viewpoints on a broad spectrum of global issues, topics, and current events. Find: articles written by local experts, reference, periodical, primary source and statistical information; rich multimedia - including podcasts, video, and interactive graphs
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context– Social issues full-text articles, statistics, primary documents, multimedia, and links to websites
- Professional Collection – Journal articles for educators.
- U.S. History in Context - information on hundreds of the most significant people, events, and topics in U.S. history. Access full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, audio files, and links to reliable websites.
- Virtual Reference Library – A collection of searchable e-books
- World History in Context –information on hundreds of the most significant people, events, and topics in world history. Access full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, audio files, and links to reliable websites
- Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center – Look for the Kids' Crafts button on the landing page. Full text magazines, reference books, recipes, hobby profiles, and videos with "how-to" instructions and creative ideas covering a variety of hobbies including arts and crafts, collecting, gardening, indoor and outdoor recreations, kids' crafts, needlecrafts, papercrafts, model building, performing arts, and science & technology.
- ISearch – Search all the Infohio sources at once with ISearch. Operates similar to any search engine, but returns only the best information via Infohio.
- Literary Reference Center – Provides a broad spectrum of information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes.
- Literature Online: American and English Literature – Full-text, searchable works available online to supplement the library’s print collections. Poetry, drama, and fiction are included.
- Noodletools -- Works Cited guidelines and assistance. This resource is easier to use if you log in through Class Link.
- OCIS Ohio Career Information System -- Links to Ohio college/career information.
- Oxford Research Encyclopedia -- Full text academic encyclopedia articles from subject-based encyclopedias covering climate science, communications, criminology, economics and finance, education, environmental science, global public health, history, international studies, linguistics, literature, planetary science, politics, psychology, social work, and more.
- Points of View Reference Center – Presents articles supporting multiple sides of current issues from which students can develop persuasive arguments and essays while developing their analytical thinking skills.
- Science Online -- Thousands of essays on major topics and issues in science, math and technology, along with illustrations, experiments, activities and biographies.
- Science Reference Center – Easy access to a multitude of full-text, science-oriented content. Science Reference Center contains full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books, and periodicals.
- Today's Science – Connects real-world discoveries with the science classroom. Features over 6,000 high-interest science news articles and includes research topics, conversations with scientists, videos, and discussion questions. Also includes curriculum tools for educators.
- World Book Advanced Encyclopedia – Online version of the High School/ College level encyclopedia published by World Book.
- World Book Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos -- Online version in the Spanish language encyclopedia published by World Book.
- World Book L'Encyclopédie Découverte – Online version in the French Language encyclopedia published by World Book.
- World Book Timelines – Build and share timelines. Use your own events and images or add content and images from World Book.
How to videos for NoodleTools:
Thank you for participating in Book Madness. This year's winner was Dr. Seuss.
See you next year in March!