School Library Resources
- District Library Web Pages
- Online Catalogs
- Public and Academic Libraries
- Reference Databases
During this time I am still available to assist students and staff. Please email me questions and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please remember our reference databases are still available for you to access. If you need the usernames/passwords, please email me.
Our ebooks are also available for you to access. They can be found by clicking online catalogs above, and then ebook catalog. Your library card number is your student ID number, and your pin is the Westlake zip code. Click here for an instructional video.
Stay safe, wash your hands, and I will see you soon.
Mrs. Jacy Nichols
- Westlake High School Online Catalog
- Westlake High School eBook Catalog
- Lee Burneson Middle School Online Catalog
- Dover Intermediate School Online Catalog
- Bassett Elementary School Online Catalog
- Dover Elementary School Online Catalog
- Hilliard Elementary School Online Catalog
- Holly Lane Elementary School Online Catalog
- Academic Search Premier -- This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles.
- Biography Reference Bank -- Articles about more than a half-million people, most in full text, from around the world, both living and dead.
- Book Nook -- Explore, create, share, and view video book trailers. Includes tips and tools for creating a book trailer.
- Consumer Health Complete –Provides content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic, and integrated medicine.
- Country Reports – Provides unique, culturally-rich content, with over 26,000 pages of content covering a wide-range of topics including statistical data and cultural information.
- Digital Video Collection -- Includes hundreds of digital videos that have been made available at no cost to Ohio K-12 districts.
- EBSCOhost. (Multidatabase Search- AP students and Staff) -- Articles from more than 6,000 magazines, newspapers, and journals are indexed, most in full text, from children's magazines to professional research. Also includes access to reference and other eBooks.
- Explora (Grades 9-12) -- Articles from more than 6,000 magazines, newspapers, and journals are indexed, most in full text, from popular culture magazines to professional research. Students can also access reference and other eBooks.
- Biography in Context -- Expansive collection of lives and accomplishments of international noteworthy figures past and present.
- Global Issues in Context– offers international viewpoints on a broad spectrum of global issues, topics, and current events. Find: articles written by local experts, reference, periodical, primary source and statistical information; rich multimedia - including podcasts, video, and interactive graphs
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context– Social issues full-text articles, statistics, primary documents, multimedia, and links to websites
- Professional Collection – Journal articles for educators.
- U.S. History in Context - information on hundreds of the most significant people, events, and topics in U.S. history. Access full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, audio files, and links to reliable websites.
- Virtual Reference Library – A collection of searchable e-books
- World History in Context –information on hundreds of the most significant people, events, and topics in world history. Access full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, audio files, and links to reliable websites
- ISearch – Search all the Infohio sources at once with ISearch. Opperates similiar to any serach engine, but returns only the best information via Infohio.
- Literary Reference Center – Provides a broad spectrum of information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes.
- Literature Online: American and English Literature – Full-text, searchable works available online to supplement the library’s print collections. Poetry, drama, and fiction are included.
- Noodletools -- Works Cited guidelines
- OCISOhio Career Information System -- Links to Ohio college/career information.
- Points of View Reference Center – Presents articles supporting multiple sides of current issues from which students can develop persuasive arguments and essays while developing their analytical thinking skills.
- Science Online -- Thousands of essays on major topics and issues in science, math and technology, along with illustrations, experiments, activities and biographies.
- Science Reference Center – Easy access to a multitude of full-text, science-oriented content. Science Reference Center contains full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books, and periodicals.
- World Book Advanced Encyclopedia – Online version of the High School/ College level encyclopedia published by World Book.
- World Book Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos -- Online version in the Spanish language encyclopedia published by World Book.
- World Book L'Encyclopédie Découverte – Online version in the French Language encyclopedia published by World Book.
- World Book Timelines – Build and share timelines. Use your own events and images or add content and images from World Book.