There are 5 Steps to completing enrollment for Kindergarten.
Step #2: Collect All Required Documents:
If applicable, documents must be officially translated into English.
- Student Birth Certificate
- Parent/Guardian state or federal issued photo ID (Must be valid)
- Primary proof of residence Acceptable documents include: A signed rental agreement, mortgage statement (must be current within the last 30 days), deed, purchase agreement or construction agreement. This document must list you as the homeowner or leaser and include the Westlake address.
- Secondary proof of residence Acceptable documents include: A property tax bill; current utility bill (Water, Gas, or Electric only, must be current, within the last 30 days), a letter of verification of utility service for water, gas, or electric; homeowners or renters’ insurance; or last pay stub.
- Immunization Records Acceptable document is a record from your physician or previous school.
- Most recent report card or transcript from the previous school (if applicable).
- Evaluation Team Report (ETR)/Individualized Education Program (IEP), Gifted Records (WEP/WAP and testing score) if applicable.
Step #3: Complete All Required Forms:
Residency Forms Required: There are two types of residency in Westlake. Please complete one of the forms listed below that best matches your living situation.
- Residency Affidavit (if you are the owner or the person listed on the lease)
- Sworn Statement of Residence (to be completed when parent/guardian is not the owner or person listed on the lease/rental agreement) Parent/Guardian must also provide one of these items as proof of residence: (Official mail or government-issued ID with your name and address matching what is listed)
- Kindergarten Preference
- Student Health Questionnaire
- Kindergarten Entrance Exam (Completed by a physician)
- Student Records Release Form if transferring from another school.
- Custody Forms Required: (Applicable if parents were never married, are living apart, are separated, or divorced)
- Custody Affidavit : (Applicable if parents were never married or are separated, living apart, or divorced. If you have gone to court, you must provide a copy of the signed, certified, and time-stamped copy of the court order.
- Custody Pending : (Applicable if motion to revise custody is pending) Must also provide a copy of the signed, certified, and time-stamped court order.
- Court Placement : (If Applicable) Must also provide a copy of the court journal entry and any other court documents.
- Please use this checklist to make sure you have all of the required documents and forms to provide to the registrar at your scheduled appointment.
Step #5: Schedule an appointment to register:
- When you complete your Online Pre-Registration (Step #1), you will be able to schedule an in-person appointment with the registrar, to provide all required forms & documents. Appointments will be available for Kindergarten registration from March 6-9, 2023.