Kindergarten Registration 2020-2021 School Year
Is Now Open
Welcome class of 2033
Your student must be 5 years of age ON OR BEFORE August 1 to register for the 2020-2021 school year.
If your child is currently enrolled in and attending our Westlake Early Childhood Preschool (WECP), please start with step #3.
Instructions for New Kindergarten Students (Click Here)
Instructions for WECP students transitioning into Kindergarten (Click Here)
- Kindergarten Pre-Registration - 2020-2021 (Click Here)
- Pre-Registration MUST be completed at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment
- These documents are required at your registration appointment in addition to the forms listed below.
- (Full Day Kindergarten is a tuition based program.)
- Completed by Parent/Guardian
- Completed by Parent/Guardian
- This form must be completed by a physician and returned to the Westlake City School District no later than 8/1/2019.
*Registration is by appointment only.
If you missed our Kindergarten Information Night you may view our presentation here. (Click Here)
ADDITIONAL Kindergarten Information
Below is the list of forms described on the Required Documents linked above. Please print all applicable forms, along with the Registration Checklist and bring them to your in-person registration appointment.
- Birth Certificate (No Copies)
- Residency Affidavit
- Minimum of 2 copies of proof of residency is required (See acceptable documents listed on the residency forms)
- Sworn Statement of Residence
- Custody Form
- If parents were never married, are separated or divorced, complete the Custody Affidavit. You must also attach a signed, certified, time-stamped copy of the court order (divorce decree, legal custody order, shared parenting plan, etc.). Note: If parents were never married, mother only is recognized as residential/custodial parent without additional documentation.
- Custody Pending Form
- Court Placement
- Proof of Identity
- The parent/legal guardian must provide a passport, driver’s license or state issued ID as proof of their identity.
- Forms from Steps #3, 4, 5 and 6 above
- Immunization Record
- Student Release of Records (Not required for first time kindergarten enrollees)
- Special Education/Special Services/Gifted: If applicable, copies of the students Evaluation Team Report (ETR); Individual Education Plan (IEP); 504 Plan; Written Acceleration Plan (WAP); Written Education Plan (WEP)
2020-2021 Kindergarten Program Information
Westlake City Schools’ state-required kindergarten program is a half-day program. An optional full-day, tuition-based program is also available.
Benefits of the Full-Day Program: Students in the full-day program work on the same curriculum standards as students in the half-day program. However, the Full-Day program allows class time for additional practice, reinforcement, intervention and extensions. Half-day students will require these types of supports at home with parental assistance. It is important to note that throughout your child’s schooling, a partnership with parents to reinforce classroom education at home is essential and will still be necessary for full-day students. However, the full-day program provides more time in the school day to implement student-specific instruction to meet individual needs. If you have further questions about whether the full-day option is best for your child, please contact Mr. Sanfilippo, the school principal.
Half-Day Program: When registering for kindergarten with Westlake City Schools, you are automatically registering your child in the half-day program. Once a class section has reached the 25 student limit, that section may be capped and students enrolling after that time may be assigned to another section of that grade level. As such, the date and time of your completed registration may impact which half day section (AM or PM) your child will be assigned to attend for the upcoming school year. Academic state standards are the same for the half-day program and the full-day program. As always, we partner with families and ask that parents assist with reinforcing at home what is taught in the classroom.
Tuition-Based Full-Day Kindergarten Option: Tuition is required for all students enrolled in the full-day option. Tuition for Westlake City Schools’ full-day program is $2,500 per student for the 2020-2021 school year. A $250 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of registration. Deposits can be paid by check, money order or cash (no credit cards for deposit). The remaining balance of the tuition can be paid by credit card through our Ezpay system, check, money-order or cash. The complete tuition must be paid in full by July 17th, 2020 to participate in the full-day program. Payments by check or money order are to be made out to Westlake BOE. Note that the credit card option only exists for the tuition balance, not the deposit and requires the students 6 digit ID number which will be provided on an update notice following registration.
Reduced tuition rates are available for families that qualify under the Federal Lunch Program. Hard copies of the lunch program application may be obtained on our web page (see below), at the Board of Education or via email to Lisa Zuk at email@example.com. Currently eligible families will need to reapply for the 2020-2021 school year after July 1, 2020.
**Federal Lunch Program applications: https://www.wlake.org/departments/food-services
-Parents/Guardians must have completed the student’s registration with the registrar before any application for Early Entrance will be processed.
-You may submit the completed application to the registrar at your scheduled registration appointment.
-The deadline for submitting your application to the Department of Academic Services by April 1st in the year for which admission is being requested. (Any applications turned in after April 1st will be reviewed at the discretion of the Director of Academic Services, K-6.
For information regarding our Early Entrance process, deadlines, and our application click here :Early Entrance Information