Registration Checklist / Forms
Registration Checklist: Click Here to Print
In order to complete your student's registration, all required/applicable documents listed on this page must be brought with you to your registration appointment. If you do not have all of the required/applicable documents, your appointment may be rescheduled. All documents MUST be officially translated into English. It is the parent/guardian responsibility to provide officially translated documents.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Proof of Student's Age - Birth Certificate
- Proof of Identity
- Immunization status - Complete immunization records
- Two (2) Proofs of Westlake Residency are required:
- For those living with a Westlake resident enrolling in the Westlake City School:
- Completed School Health Questionnaire
- Kindergarten Preference Form (if applicable)
- Kindergarten Medical Entrance Exam Form (if applicable)
- Academic records
- Special Education/Special Services
- Custody Papers
Please furnish original or certified copy of birth certificate.In lieu of birth certificate, a birth affidavit, passport or an attested transcript of a passport filed with a registrar of passports at a point of entry of the United States showing the date and place of the student. PLEASE BRING THE ORIGINAL, NO COPIES!
Accepted documents are stated below. Your name must appear on all proof of residency documents.
Primary Proof of Residency: One item for proof of residency must be from the five items listed below:
-Rental Agreement signed by landlord and renter along with landlord contact information
-Purchase Agreement signed by all parties closing date and letter from realtor confirming occupancy
-Construction contract signed by all concerned parties
-Homeowner Mortgage statement or coupon
Secondary Proof of Residency: One item for proof of residency must be from the five items listed below:
-Homeowner Insurance Statement/Bill
-Property Tax Bill
-Most recent pay stub with address
-One (1) RECENT utility bill (Electric, Water, or Gas) – CABLE AND TELEPHONE/CELL PHONE BILLS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
-Letter of verification for Utility Services will be accepted IF a utility bill has not been received yet for a new resident. (Electric 1-800-589-3101 or Gas 1-800-344-4077)
The Westlake Resident must be present at the registration appointment with registering family or have a completed and notarized “Sworn Statement of Residency” along with proof of residency items as listed on the Sworn Statement of Residency form.This form can be found on our website under forms. A total of (3) proofs must be brought into registration appointment along with the Sworn Statement of Residency form.
Two Proofs of Residency must be supplied by Westlake Resident.See Proofs of Residency Listed Above.
One Proof of Address item must be supplied by Registering Family of student.Acceptable items include:
-Official mail with name and Westlake address of REGISTERING family
-Driver license or other government issued document with Westlake address.
Westlake City School District reserves the right to verify the authenticity of this documentation
If applicable, you must bring a certified copy of any court document establishing Custody or Guardianship from Domestic Relations Court, Probate Court, Juvenile Court, or any other Court of competent jurisdiction which has issued an order regarding the custody of the student(s) being registered. Please bring original and one copy.
To verify guardianship or custody, the following are the only acceptable proofs:
- A certified, time-stamped, date-stamped court order indicating custody together with any modification (3313.672.ORC) attached to the Custody Form.
- A time-stamped notice of the application for appointment of guardianship from probate court (valid for 60 days) attached to the Custody Pending Form.
- A certified copy of court placement orders for foster children attached to the Foster Children Form.
A letter from current guardian giving temporary custody is NOT acceptable. Any changes or modifications in the accepted custody orders after the accepted at time of registration must also be submitted. These requirements are in compliance with Section 3313.672 of the Ohio Revised Code.
- School Health Questionnaire - 1st through 12th
- Inhaler - Self Administration
- Medication Administration From
- Athletics Information - Grades 7-12 ONLY
- Custody Forms - Complete and Print Applicable Form
- Home Language Survey- Necessary for ALL students regardless of Primary Language
- Record Release - Complete and bring to your registration appointment. Not required for First Time Kindergarten Students
- Sworn Statement of Residency - Required when registering family is living with a Westlake Resident